Location: Belmont, WI
Direct Supervisor: Siding Foreman
Employment Status: Nonexempt (hourly)
Position Purpose & Objectives: A siding installer is an entry-level employee responsible for working as part of a team to complete siding work. Work will involve travel to customer location.
Specific Duties, Functions & Responsibilities of the Job:
- Work with crew to complete all aspects of jobs assigned by the company/foreman without dispute, including tear-off, repairs, installation and other jobs as assigned.
- Be prepared to learn any and all aspects of jobs assigned by the foreman as necessary for job completion.
- Responsible for jobsite cleanup, leaving everything as it was when you arrived
- Be on time for all shifts and ready to go at the assigned time with all personal tools and PPE.
- Complete every job correctly and entirely the first time
- Get along with your crew members and work as a team, not as an individual
- Work safely.
- Assist in setup and tear down of safety equipment as instructed.
- Abide by all job-site safety requirements, including PPE, fall protection and others.
- Participate in training.
- Participate in weekly safety meetings.
- Attend all companywide training events.
- Participate in manufacturer system-specific training.
- Participate in all other training as assigned.
- Deliver excellent quality and customer satisfaction.
- Make every effort to address customer needs and exceed expectations
- Learn to perform work according to company standards.
- Keep complete and accurate records, including timecards
- Keep a positive attitude
- Keep your foreman informed of any problems with your crew, equipment, job or vehicles
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Work Skills – Laborers/apprentices must exhibit basic skills necessary to work in siding.
- Siding installation – the ability to learn necessary skills and execute them correctly
- Attention to detail – the ability to pay attention to quality and safety with a goal of installing correctly and working safely, and a willingness to make improvements
- Language skills- ability to read, analyze and interpret work-related documents
- Safety and security – ability to observe safety and security procedures and use equipment and materials properly and effectively. Must follow OSHA safety standards.
- Productivity – ability to work quickly and accurately to meet productivity standards
- Cost consciousness – ability to contribute to profits and revenues and conserve company resources
- Leadership – able to exert informal leadership with individuals at all levels of a company as well as customers, vendors, manufacturers, suppliers and distributors
- Teamwork – ability to work with others to accomplish goals; balances team and individual responsibilities; gives and welcomes feedback. Must be able to work well with others and within a company system
- Ability to work 8- to 12-hour shifts, weekdays and weekends (as needed)
- Self-motivated, reliable and dependable
- Quality and customer-service focused
- Willingness to learn
- Ability to work as part of a team and take direction as needed from jobsite supervisors
- Strong communication and social skills
- Basic math skills
- Must have reliable transportation
- High School Diploma or GED
- Valid Driver’s license
- OSHA 10-hour card/30-hour card
- Tool belt with nail pouch
- Chalk line
- Utility knife with straight and hook blades
- 16-foot (or longer) tape measure
- Tin snips
- Safety glasses
- Appropriate footwear
These physical demands are representative of the physical requirements necessary for an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation can be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the described essential functions.
- Frequent bending, kneeling, twisting/turning, crouching, crawling
- Walking on a level surface, an uneven surface and sloped surface
- Ability to climb, work on and carry a ladder
- Comfortable working in high places
- Vision requirements: must be able to see close, distant, peripheral, depth
- Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time
- General knowledge of and ability to use power tools and hand tools
- Ability to lift and carry a minimum of 80 pounds
- Tolerant of noise and dust
- Willing to work outdoors in all weather conditions